Blithfield Reservoir is a 754 acre water set in the beautiful Blithe valley. Completed in 1953, the Reservoir became a trout fishery in 1957 and is now recognised as the premier fly fishing venue in Staffordshire and is rated amongst the top venues in the country.
The Reservoir is comprised of two parts which link together under the main road causeway of the B5013 between Rugeley and Abbots Bromley.
The North Lake is tranquil with shallower water – the densely-wooded banks are reminiscent of a Scottish Loch. There is restricted bank angling on the North Lake and it is open to non-Permit holders after 1st May each Season. Sport here can be more of a test of skill and patience.
The South Lake is much more open to the elements, is deeper and tends to be cooler. The South Lake is open to all anglers during the Season and there is ample bank fishing providing access to a variety of areas from shallows, weed beds and deep, sudden drop-offs. The South Lake produces some excellent sport and is ideal for both novice or experienced anglers.
Blithfield Anglers offers a host of facilities for the enjoyment of both Season Permit holders and day permit guests. These include:
- Use of the comfortable fishing lodge with a lounge area in which Permit Holders and friends can relax and enjoy impressive views across the water.
- A fleet of powered boats fitted with reliable, regularly serviced and quiet petrol engines. Free use of life jackets.
- A wheelchair accessible WheelyBoat is also available. Please telephone in advance to reserve the boat.
- Over 11 miles of superb bank fishing accessible by vehicle tracks.
- Free car parking.
- Generous catch limits.
- Competitions and social meets catered for.
- A range of flies, lines, rods, clothing and accessories available for purchase in our angling shop (open from 8am until 12 noon every day).
- Toilets and shelters situated around the banks.
- Advice and support from our friendly, knowledgeable staff – Blithfield is run by anglers, for anglers
For more information, please call 01283 840284 or email [email protected]
Our office is located within the main Blithfield Estates Office, Waters Road, Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire. WS15 3DU